JOHN D. AHEARN ҉ San Francisco, CA ҉ firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Stack :: iOS :: AWS :: iOT :: LAMP :: Smart Devices :: EE :: Engineering Physics
҉ C++ Smart App driven magnetic shock absorption system for off-road vehicles
҉ AWS Amplify-Swift iOS App for workgroup texting/logging and employee profiling
҉ C++ Geriatric fall detection device w/ Smart Network
҉ Smart Devices, Smart Vehicle Suspension, Home Automation, Smart Network, 3D Design & Build, Acoustic & Medical Devices
Senior Software Architect & Operations Manager ҉ EPI Workforce Solutions, Phoenix, AZ 02/20 – present
Skills/Expertises: Java, AngularJS, JQuery, ReactJS, iOS Swift, AWS DyamoDB, Amplify-Swift, PHP, IAM, ApiGateway, Cognito, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CloudShell, VPC, Linux
Lead developer of MARCA – an AWS based Operations and Resource Management suite for very-large scale mail-in balloting production.
The suite efficiently meets several operational needs by leveraging fast DynamoDB-Java workgroup lookup routines.
I have driven use of MARCA in order to lead EPI teams toward these goals:
- Implementation of more efficient and accurate payroll processes via external vendor APIs
- Implementation of EPI policies to coerce digitization and coordination of its large and continually changing staffing pool
- Tracking of staff profiles, work history and communications
- Effortless creation and editing of workgroups for purposes of organizing workflow, communications and reporting
- Efficient coordination of machine operator requirements with EPI admin and staff
I am currently developing and Maintaining an iOS AWS Amplify-Swift version of MARCA. Code repo on Git
Senior Software Architect ҉ Western Neighborhoods Project – A Non Profit, San Francisco, CA 08/21 – present
Skills/Expertises: LAMP, CGI/Perl, 3rd party integrations
WNP’s online presence was suffering from many shortcomings left over from previous and incomplete development.
I was hired to address the following urgent tasks which were all accomplished successfully and on time:
- The rescue, re-design, re-factor and re-write of a large and failing Membership & POS system
- The architecture of standard privacy and security policies
- The architecture of new and efficient routines to address a poor and inefficient integration with MySQL
- Investigation and correction of mysterious server downtime and poor performance
- The creation of standard and more intuitive content creation tools via WordPress dependent upon complicated backend tools
Much shell scripting was required and many other complex challenges were addressed.
I then moved the entire codebase from a failing ISP to Siteground.
Lead Architect / Engineer ҉ Everphase Intellectual, San Francisco, CA 10/16 – present
Skills/Expertises: C++, iOS Swift, iOS Objective-C, Eclipse, Java, EE, Physics, Material Science
Designs / Develops / Programs/ Manages products and projects:
- Electronics circuit design and build.
- Python/C++ software architecture/development.
- Device design, development and programming.
Products designed and built:
- Smart magnetic shock absorber system vehicles: successfully addresses safety/control issues on slow rebound for super-fast impact
- Geriatric care devices w/app (fall detection/inertial switches/open door detect & announce): helped prevent my mother from falling
- Smart and secure home monitoring / surveillance device network w/app for intruder mapping: protected my home
- 3D printed Willis-Ekbom (RLS) relief device w/app: for when you cannot sit still in a movie theater
- Sciatica/lower back nerve pain relief device: this is patentable and one of those unintended discoveries
- 3D printed durable/strong/precision custom dimensioned tools, fasteners, joints, anything nylon under 11” x 10” x 9”
- High End Audio remote A/B/X switch with app, acoustic diffusers and absorption panels
- Lithium-Polymer battery balancer/protection
Senior Software Architect ҉ CoreLogic Dorado Corporation, San Mateo, CA 06/02 – 04/16
I was a lead developer of robust transactional web-based applications for FORTUNE 500 mortgage lending institutions. I managed development teams in U.S. and India by successfully impacting the company, project, coding and various teams via the following contributions …
- The architecture and coding which drove principal home loan pricing workflow for five end-to-end applications for several top loan originators/lenders.
- The management of 3-7 person teams via Agile. We architected and implemented Flex, Java and Hibernate solutions for these originators/lenders.
- The coordination and presentation of new architecture and workflow to high profile clients and managers (i.e. VPs) at these originators/lenders.
- All applications were successfully seen to pilot and through the production stage.
Senior Software Architect ҉ Aktana, San Francisco, CA 08/11 – 01/12
Skills/Expertises: iOS, Objective-C, Swift, HTML5, AngularJS, JQuery, Google Closure, .NET, C#, Flex, Python, Ruby, LAMP
Researched technologies and platforms to be implemented for field sales solutions
LANGUAGES / PLATFORMS / TECHNOLOGIES / TOOLS
҉ Geriatric fall detection device w/ Smart Network
University of Colorado / Boulder
Finished at top of class with concentration on Quantum Optics and Low-T.
Passed written/oral qualifiers for continuation toward PhD.
Considered offers from JILA PhD thesis advisors – this included Nobel Laureate Eric Cornell.
Chose to begin my career in software instead.
B.S. Engineering Physics
University of California / Berkeley